Saturday, October 24, 2009

Midterm Blog

What I want to know at this point is how is class going for you? What's good, what's bad, what do you still need to know....etc. This will help me plan the rest of the semester.
______________________________________________________________________

For this blog, I'm not 100% sure as to what i want to say just yet. I feel that for a writing composition class, it is very infuriating to both the professor and the student to learn and write material within only the 1 term that we are both given...


Whats good? I like how the class works and runs. Class discussion is keeps my attention and im starting to have a better connection with my peers. I'm also learning about how to express myself more about community and voicing my opinion, a skill that we werent able to do while in high school... I like this a lot.

Whats bad to me is that some things in the required reading material, i have absoluetly no idea what some of the things are or what the author is even trying to relate to me. The text is hard for me to grasp and understand and with it having to be in our writing, the concepts and ideas of the text, it makes my ability to write a coherent paper that much harder...
I also described the time for this class way up above. I have 3 other classes that I am seriously trying to grasp and get a hold onto...the last thing i need is to be so overwhelmed and rushed that i fail or drop out of college because of the stress. Im not saying i cant handle the stress, but there is a point where enough is enough and this class could easily bring that to the table FOR ME, maybe not for someone else but for me. Writing is a difficult task for me...

Other than that, i just want to become or learn skills to improve my voice in my community and how im going to become a overall better writer.

-I hope this satisfies the requirements of this blog!
-chad b

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you in some regards about the book. This is my first time using it. I'll try to present more of the book material in lecture to help you understand the book more...will that help?
    --k

    ReplyDelete